1. If you’re wearing heels, pack an extra pair of comfortable flats. Your photographer will likely have you walking to a couple of locations, some of which might be hard to reach. Keep those Choo’s sparkly and your feet feeling fresh with shoes that you can walk easily in.
2. Don’t fuss about your dress too much – wear it well because you will likely only wear it once! It will probably get a little dirty during the night, so you will have to have it cleaned anyway. Except for dragging the dress through the mud, go for it. By the time the couple photos are done, it will be dark and you’ll be headed to the reception. It’s very unlikely that anyone will see a dirty spot you might have picked up.
4. Most guys are not all that comfortable in front of a camera. Distract your groom with jokes, kisses and telling him how great he looks. Mention an inside joke between you – this is sure to get a genuine smile from him.
5. Taking your Maid of Honour with on the couple shoot will ensure you look you best. She can keep an eye on your hair and makeup – plus she can hold your bouquet or veil if you don’t need it for the shot.
6. When walking toward the camera while holding hands, remember to look up and at each other. Rest your head on your groom’s shoulder as you walk for a sweet and intimate shot.
Health & Beauty Tips
2. Watch your diet in the months leading up to the wedding. This not necessarily to lose weight, but to make sure your skin looks picture perfect. Cut out excess sugar from your diet to ensure youthful and clear skin. Remember, this also includes fizzy drinks and alcohol. Moderation is key!
3. If you’re planning to have a facial before your wedding, make sure you do it no less that 3 days in advance. Yes, facials help to reveal beautiful skin, but it can cause breakouts before it gets better. We recommend having your facial at least a week before the wedding.
4. Water is your friend! Drink plenty of water in the week leading up to the big day. This will help clear your skin plus it will take care of bloating too!
5. Invest in a personal trainer. If you struggle to motivate yourself or don’t have the discipline to work out at home, a personal trainer will help you get to your goal weight. If you don’t want to lose weight, a trainer could also help you tone up in all the right places. You could also follow our 12 Week Wedding Workout to get in tip top shape from the comfort of your own home!
Have a look at our Wedding Photo Tips board on Pinterest for more tipe.