They say everything tastes great when there is music in the air. A well thought out menu can, however, take a wedding from enjoyable to unforgettable! Whether you are throwing a bridal shower or looking for delicious cuisine for your wedding, the golden rule is: Don’t get stuck in the kitchen! Here are our top five picks of catering companies in Cape Town and surrounds. They will handle the back of the house, while you shine in the front!
Top 5 Wedding Catering Companies in Cape Town:
If you are looking for a menu that is fun, fresh and full of flavour, Zest Catering will provide it and then some! In addition to catering, Zest also runs a restaurant on Beaumont Wine Estate. The business started back in 2004, by owners Nici Beaumont and Jen Pearson and grew to become one of the most trusted and well-known catering companies in the Western Cape. Beautifully crafted bites and tantalizing flavours are meticulously created with choice produce. They will happily craft a personal menu to suit your taste and event!
Fanatic about fabulous food? Food Fanatics has been in the food business for 19 years and their ethical and honest approach to cooking is refreshing and original. They approach every menu as an art piece, taking into account the season, your theme and they will help you bring a personal touch to your culinary choices for your event! And for the green brides out there – they recycle all glassware, paper and tins! All the vegetable and fruit peels are fed to their very fat worms, who are working overtime providing their herb garden with nourishment. We love this holistic approach!
Executive Chef Mathew Hoepner infuses his creations with flavours that can only be achieved by using fresh ingredients and having a true passion for scrumptious food. Whether you are looking for a relaxed and rustic menu or a fancy finger food affair, the Flying Pan team will make sure that you have everything you need to suit your taste, dietary requirements and theme! You won’t find generic “wedding food” on their menus! Original and fresh up to the last mouthwatering crumb!
Copper Kettle Catering is based in the beautiful Winelands of Stellenbosch. Owner and chef, Paul Jermain has 14 years of international experience and his hands-on approach will ensure that your event will go ever so smoothly. They believe that the client’s needs always come first and whether it is a small, intimate wedding or a big nuptial bash, Copper Kettle Catering will satisfy your most demanding expectations.
Stellenbosch-based Two Chefs catering is double the trouble with Andre Schoeman and Herman Hanekom living out their unbelievable passion for food. With 20 years of experience in the food industry, you can expect nothing less than excellence. No matter how big or small your function, they will be able to supply quality cuisine – and even drop off platters!
Buffet or Set Menu?
A plated, sit-down dinner is considered the most traditional as each guest is individually served appetizer, entrée and dessert. A buffet-style wedding is self-serve and the guests line up to choose from a variety of dishes. Which one is, however, best for you? See our list of pros and cons below:
Set Menu Pros
- With a set menu you can create a personalized menu to reflect the theme of your wedding.
- You will be able to control your budget as you will have an exact number of plates beforehand.
- Everyone at the table gets their food at the same time!
Set Menu Cons:
- Picky eaters might not like everything on the plate
- You will need more servers to serve your guests and that will be more expensive.
- Your guests will have a variety of foods to choose from. That will make it easier for those with allergies and dietary requirements.
- You will need fewer servers and that will save you money.
- A buffet is less elegant as the guests will have to carry the plates themselves and stand in line and wait.
- There will be tables that don’t eat at the same time, therefore, making the dinner less social.
- You run the risk of running out of food or wasting food and money.
More Valuable Wedding Planning Resources: