Top Catering Companies in Cape Town
They say everything tastes great when there is music in the air. A well thought out menu can, however, take a wedding from enjoyable to unforgettable! Whether you are throwing a bridal shower or looking for delicious cuisine for your wedding, the golden rule is: Don’t get stuck in the kitchen! Here are our top five picks of catering companies in Cape Town and surrounds. They will handle the back of the house, while you shine in the front!
Top 5 Wedding Catering Companies in Cape Town:
If you are looking for a menu that is fun, fresh and full of flavour, Zest Catering will provide it and then some! In addition to catering, Zest also runs a restaurant on Beaumont Wine Estate. The business started back in 2004, by owners Nici Beaumont and Jen Pearson and grew to become one of the most trusted and well-known catering companies in the Western Cape. Beautifully crafted bites and tantalizing flavours are meticulously created with choice produce. They will happily craft a personal menu to suit your taste and event!
Executive Chef Mathew Hoepner infuses his creations with flavours that can only be achieved by using fresh ingredients and having a true passion for scrumptious food. Whether you are looking for a relaxed and rustic menu or a fancy finger food affair, the Flying Pan team will make sure that you have everything you need to suit your taste, dietary requirements and theme! You won’t find generic “wedding food” on their menus! Original and fresh up to the last mouthwatering crumb!
One of the top names in wedding catering in the Western Cape. Stellenbosch-based Two Chefs catering is double the trouble with Andre Schoeman and Herman Hanekom living out their unbelievable passion for food. With 20 years of experience in the food industry, you can expect nothing less than excellence. No matter how big or small your function, they will be able to supply quality cuisine – and even drop off platters!
Professional chefs, Guy and Lyall teamed up to start this amazing catering company based in Cape Town. Guyall’s Kitchen offers a selection of mouthwatering dishes with uniquely South African flavours. And they place a big focus on home-grown, wholesome and organic foods. Their combined experience of over 25 years is evident in the high quality of the food they prepare for each and every wedding and event. They create carefully curated menus specifically suited to each wedding and event.
Concept Food Wedding Catering was founded by chef Niel van Zyl. He gained invaluable experience in the culinary industry while working at the prestigious 5 Diamond Awarded Breakers Resort in Palm Beach Florida. In the hotel, he worked at various restaurants but fell in love with banquets. He now specializes in offering personalised menus for any size or type of event
When you choose Concept Food Catering they invite you to their coffee shop for a free tasting of their food and you get an exclusive evening catered for you by their amazing team. With this experience, you can tweak your menu and get to know Niel.
Buffet or Set Menu?
A plated, sit-down dinner is considered the most traditional as each guest is individually served appetizer, entrée and dessert. A buffet-style wedding is self-serve and the guests line up to choose from a variety of dishes. Which one is, however, best for you? See our list of pros and cons below:
Set Menu Pros
- With a set menu you can create a personalized menu to reflect the theme of your wedding.
- You will be able to control your budget as you will have an exact number of plates beforehand.
- Everyone at the table gets their food at the same time!
Set Menu Cons:
- Picky eaters might not like everything on the plate
- You will need more servers to serve your guests and that will be more expensive.
- Your guests will have a variety of foods to choose from. That will make it easier for those with allergies and dietary requirements.
- You will need fewer servers and that will save you money.
- A buffet is less elegant as the guests will have to carry the plates themselves and stand in line and wait.
- There will be tables that don’t eat at the same time, therefore, making the dinner less social.
- You run the risk of running out of food or wasting food and money.
More Valuable Wedding Planning Resources:
- No idea what to do for your wedding cake? Check out our awesome Wedding Cakes – Inspiration and Ideas blog!
- Have you decided on your wedding menu design yet? See our Pinterest board for inspiration
- You know what you want to eat, now decide on what to drink! See our Top 10 Champagnes for Weddings
- Forbes dished on the 8 biggest dessert trends of the summer! We can’t stop drooling!