Top 5 Wedding Catering Companies in Cape Town:
Copper Kettle Catering is based in the beautiful Winelands of Stellenbosch. Owner and chef, Paul Jermain has 14 years of international experience and his hands-on approach will ensure that your event will go ever so smoothly. They believe that the client’s needs always come first and whether it is a small, intimate wedding or a big nuptial bash, Copper Kettle Catering will satisfy your most demanding expectations.
Stellenbosch-based Two Chefs catering is double the trouble with Andre Schoeman and Herman Hanekom living out their unbelievable passion for food. With 20 years of experience in the food industry, you can expect nothing less than excellence. No matter how big or small your function, they will be able to supply quality cuisine – and even drop off platters!
Buffet or Set Menu?
A plated, sit-down dinner is considered the most traditional as each guest is individually served appetizer, entrée and dessert. A buffet-style wedding is self-serve and the guests line up to choose from a variety of dishes. Which one is, however, best for you? See our list of pros and cons below:
Set Menu Pros
- With a set menu you can create a personalized menu to reflect the theme of your wedding.
- You will be able to control your budget as you will have an exact number of plates beforehand.
- Everyone at the table gets their food at the same time!
Set Menu Cons:
- Picky eaters might not like everything on the plate
- You will need more servers to serve your guests and that will be more expensive.
- Your guests will have a variety of foods to choose from. That will make it easier for those with allergies and dietary requirements.
- You will need fewer servers and that will save you money.
- A buffet is less elegant as the guests will have to carry the plates themselves and stand in line and wait.
- There will be tables that don’t eat at the same time, therefore, making the dinner less social.
- You run the risk of running out of food or wasting food and money.
More Valuable Wedding Planning Resources:
- No idea what to do for your wedding cake? Check out our awesome Wedding Cakes – Inspiration and Ideas blog!
- Have you decided on your wedding menu design yet? See our Pinterest board for inspiration
- You know what you want to eat, now decide on what to drink! See our Top 10 Champagnes for Weddings
- Forbes dished on the 8 biggest dessert trends of the summer! We can’t stop drooling!