Choosing between the KZN wedding photographers can be a daunting task. You have to keep in mind that your photographs will be the only printed memory you are left with after your wedding day. Wedding Photographers capture those special moments of your wedding day that you have planned so long for. KZN wedding photographers are rated some of the best in the word! Listed below are a few tips to help you choose the right photographer for your wedding day.
Follow these pointers:
- The best advice when choosing a wedding photographer is: “do not take chances” – get the best and pay for their professionalism and expertise.
- Visit the photographer’s website. This will give you a clear indication of the photographer’s style. It is crucial that their style matches yours.
- Consult with at least 3 photographers that you feel conform to the idea and style you have in mind. From the consultations you can then decide on which photographer’s personality you feel most comfortable with. This is important, as you spend much time with your photographer on your wedding day.
- Discuss rates, packages, overtime and additional costs such as travel, extra photos, albums, engagement shoot, etc. A good photographer should be able to create a custom-built package just for you.
- Discuss timelines – what time will they be there on your wedding day, what time will they leave the wedding and how long after the wedding can you expect your proofs and / or finished products?
- What about the deposit and payment? Do you have to pay a deposit? When? Is it non-refundable? When is the full amount due for payment? The day before your wedding or only once you’ve received your photographs?
- Does the photographer have a contract that clearly states what happens in the event of the photographer not being able to make the wedding or having to cancel?
- Ask for references – while a picture is worth a thousand words, it won’t hurt to ask for a few references, particularly of weddings shot at your wedding venue.
Compiled by Silver Lining by L’aTELIER