Wedding Dress: Hire or Buy?
Wedding Dress Hire
Wedding Dress Hire – Every bride has dreamt of the perfect wedding dress! Short, ball gown or vintage, the world (and the internet) has thousands of options and ideas for amazing wedding dresses. Wedding dress hire has become very popular in recent years, so when it comes to buying vs renting a wedding dress, which is the better option for you?
Not much of a reader? Simply watch these amazing and insightful videos by wedding dress designers specially made for you:
Buying a Wedding Dress
When you choose to buy your wedding dress, you can go with either an off-the-rack gown or have a dress personally made for you. In SA we have a host of amazing wedding dress designers for you to choose from. And our local Bridal Boutiques offer imported dresses from renowned overseas designers. You are spoilt for choice.
Designing your own wedding dress is a great way of showing off your personal style. Because you are wearing something that you created from scratch, it is very memorable and will make you feel stunning and confident on your special day.
Dresses by Calegra Bridal
If you can dream it, they can design it! You will be able to bring all of your quirks and whimsy together to create your dream wedding dress! You can incorporate all the elements you have always wanted to really stand out on your wedding day!
The Pros of Buying a Dress
- There are no limits! The designer will make the dress of your dreams
- The fit will be perfect!
- You will receive your dress a long time in advance for fitting and matching accessories
- You’ll have access to a designer to create extra accessories like a veil and trimmings for your wedding shoes
- You can keep it forever as a keepsake of your special day
The Cons of Buying a Dress
- It can be very expensive! Wedding dress prices usually start at R15 000
- Having to go for fittings will take up a lot of your time
- You will spend a lot of money on a dress you will only wear once
- Storing and maintaining your wedding dress after the big day will take up a lot of space and time
Wedding Dress Rental
You don’t have to spend big on your wedding gown anymore, you can opt to hire it instead. By hiring your dress, you can achieve the same level of fabulousness for your wedding and look at a fraction of the price. If you are someone who doesn’t see the value in spending lots of money on a dress you’ll only wear once, hiring is probably a better option for you.
And just because you hire your dress, doesn’t mean you won’t get to look like a princess on your special day. On the contrary! Hiring is a much more viable option for getting those big designer name gowns. Those unobtainable designer wedding dresses that you have googled on Pinterest can now become a reality for you! Wearing that designer dress always seemed impossible due to the high costs. Having your dress designed by your favourite designer can cost you thousands while renting it will cost you much less.
Dresses by Rene H Couture | Tashreeqah Sadien
Pros of Dress Hire
- The price! This is probably the most important pro as this is a fantastic way to save money.
- Fewer fittings and less stress – you already know what the dress looks like and you already love it!
- You know the dress style early enough so you can get a head start shopping for wedding shoes and accessories.
- The dress will be returned straight after the wedding and you don’t need to maintain or store the dress.
Cons of Dress Hire
- You might not get what you want. There will be certain dream aspects of your dress that you might not be able to find in a hired dress.
- Sometimes it is hard to find a rental dress in plus size, therefore, finding the perfect fit can be a challenge!
- You may be allowed to alter the dress but you won’t be able to give it that personal touch.
- Liability costs can be a stress on your wedding day! You will have to pay for any damages to the dress and that as a result might make your over cautious and paranoid!
Hiring is Ideal for a Budget Wedding
In the current economic climate, splurging on a wedding dress can be a financial stretch. Re-using and recycling are the buzz words in weddings at the moment. A cheap wedding dress doesn’t have to look cheap! Use the extra money you save for a special honeymoon outing or treat for you and your new hubby.
Your dream wedding dress is out there!
Whether you are buying or hiring, your dream dress is out there waiting for you! Remember that your wedding dress must be a reflection of you, your style and most of all, it must be comfortable! A confident bride is a beautiful bride!
Not sure of the current wedding dress trends? Have a look at the amazing advice from designer, Jarita Toerien: