What Does A Wedding Planner Do?
There are many couples who want to do all the wedding planning and organizing themselves. Some couples are the sort of rock-solid, unflappable, creative folk for whom stress and decision-making is a normal day-to-day experience. But for others, all the pressure and drama of deciding on decor, guest lists, seating plans, menus, etc. can become overwhelming. This is where the wedding coordinators step in!
Wedding planners are for brides who:
- Are perfectionists and detail oriented
- Struggle with decision making
- Are easily persuaded to overspend
- Work full time
- Want a professional to oversee everything on the day
- Have a tight budget
This last point may sound counter-intuitive, but the less money there is to spend, the more important it is to spend it just right! It is vital to meet a potential wedding planner before booking to ensure they understand the couple’s needs and grasp the specific wedding style. Most importantly, the bride must actually like her planner! So what exactly does the wedding planner do? They help with the design, planning and management of a wedding and they should aim to do this by delivering a very personal service, in a stylish but affordable way.
What Does a Wedding Planner Do?
The scope of what a wedding coordinator does differs from person to person. Some planners offer full planning services of every aspect of your wedding, whilst others specialize more in the decor and styling aspects. To find out what exactly your planner can offer, you will need to contact them and have a look at their portfolio of work. Below are some of the basics that you can expect:
A wedding planner will:
- Consult with you on what exactly you are looking for
- Look for every conceivable way to save money and manage your budget
- Be an objective guide through the smorgasbord of décor ideas, venues and wedding suppliers
- Ensure a stress-free planning process
- Be the liaison between you and all the vendors involved
- Offer Full-Service or On-the-Day coordination
On the day the wedding planner:
- Is first to arrive and the last to leave
- Makes sure everything is done on time
- Manages any mini catastrophe’s that might arise
Watch this video featuring Tracey from Trunk Events:
So why hire a wedding planner? Because it’s like having a wedding sidekick, they ensure you get to enjoy every minute of your special day! The couple should be able to fully enjoy their special day and not have to worry about all the little details and what-ifs. Having a professional there to help everything run smoothly is a great way to give you that extra reassurance so that you can relax and focus only on the happiest day of your life.
Written by: Bride Sidekick • www.bridesidekick.co.za
More interesting info on wedding coordination: