Here are our Top Tips for your Wedding Budget:
1. Get quotes from many different suppliers to make sure you get the best price possible. When you have quotes for every aspect, select the suppliers you want to use to determine a rough amount that you will need. TOP TIP = Use our Wedding Directory to request quotes from vendors.
2. Try to find a venue that supplies most of your furniture needs. Ensuring you choose a venue with adequate chairs, tables, cutlery, crockery and basic décor items will save you from having to hire it in.
3. Although the use of marquee tents are a popular choice among brides, this could end up costing a lot more than booking a venue with reception space. You will need to hire flooring, lighting and all the furniture if you decide on a tent, which will add up to your budget.
4. Keeping your guest list limited to close friends and family will keep your budget under control. Keep in mind that most venues and caterers charge per head, so the bigger your guest list, the larger your bill.
5. Choose flowers that are in season, rather than picking flowers that will be hard to find, and expensive to acquire. Here’s a list of our Top Picks for Wedding Flowers in Bloom for every season.
6. Don’t be too proud to ask for favours from your family and friends. The only things not to compromise on are photography, food and makeup. You’d be surprised by how many people want to help if you just ask.
7. Do not cut corners when it comes to your catering. Treat your guests to great food, rather than serving a mediocre meal.
8. Consider using a Wedding Planner – they often have connections to great suppliers who are willing to negotiate on price.
9. Do as many decor DIY‘s as you can – this will shave the Rands off of your bottom line.