Every bride has dreamt of the perfect wedding dress! Short, ball gown or vintage, the world (and the internet) has thousands of options and ideas for amazing wedding dresses. Wedding dress hire has become very popular in recent years, so when it comes to buying vs renting a wedding dress, which is the better option for you?
Should You Hire or Buy Your Wedding Dress?
Buying a Wedding Dress
Designing your own wedding dress is a great way of showing off your personal style. Because you are wearing something that you created from scratch, it is very memorable and will make you feel stunning and confident on your special day.
The Pros of Buying a Dress:
- There are no limits! The designer will make the dress of your dreams.
- The fit will be perfect!
- You will receive your dress a long time in advance for fitting and matching accessories
- You’ll have access to a designer to create extra accessories like a veil and trimmings for your wedding shoes.
- You can keep it forever as a keepsake of your special day
The Cons of Buying a Dress:
- It can be very expensive! Wedding dress prices usually start at R15 000 …
- Having to go for fittings will take up a lot of your time.
- You will spend a lot of money on a dress you will only wear once.
- Storing and maintaining your wedding dress after the big day will take up a lot of space and time.
Hiring a Wedding Dress
And just because you hire your dress, doesn’t mean you won’t get to look like a princess on your special day. On the contrary! Hiring is a much more viable option for getting those big designer name gowns. Those unobtainable designer wedding dresses that you have oogled on Pinterest can now become a reality for you! Wearing that designer dress always seemed impossible due to the high costs. Having your dress designed by your favourite designer can cost you thousands while renting it will cost you much less.
Pros of Dress Hire
- The price! This is probably the most important pro as this is a fantastic way to save money.
- Fewer fittings and less stress – you already know what the dress looks like and you already love it!
- You know the dress style early enough so you can get a head start shopping for wedding shoes and accessories.
- The dress will be returned straight after the wedding and you don’t need to maintain or store the dress.
Cons of Dress Hire
- You might not get what you want. There will be certain dream aspects of your dress that you might not be able to find in a hired dress.
- Sometimes it is hard to find a rental dress in plus size, therefore, finding the perfect fit can be a challenge!
- You may be allowed to alter the dress but you won’t be able to give it that personal touch.
- Liability costs can be a stress on your wedding day! You will have to pay for any damages to the dress and that as a result might make your over cautious and paranoid!
Hiring is Ideal for a Budget Wedding
Your dream wedding dress is out there!
Check out our awesome [QUIZ] Plan Your Wedding & Find Out Which Wedding Dress Suits You!