Relaxed Luxe Wedding Inspiration
Relaxed Luxe Wedding Inspiration
For many brides, the creative planning process can be both exciting and daunting… Where do you start when deciding on your dream wedding theme and colour scheme? The answer is quite simple, right here at Pink Book. Not only will you find some much-needed inspiration, but also some helpful tips from industry professionals on how to get that perfect wedding day look and feel.
Pronkertjie took lead on the flowers for this incredible Relaxed Luxe Wedding Inspiration shoot. They had the following advise:” Choose a florist whose work you love, and you will never be disappointed. As creatives, we each have our own signature style when it comes to creating new and beautiful settings. We all favour a specific type of flower or love combining a select few décor items to achieve a certain look; this is what makes us unique and distinguishes us from others within our industry. At Pronkertjie, they love combining modern décor elements with romantic luxury florals, making them the perfect fit for a modern romantic bride”.
Tips when looking at Floral companies:
- Have an honest conversation with your florist regarding your budget, this will determine what they can offer you with regards to flower and décor styling. You can either scale up or down from here depending on your level of abundance.
- Having a realistic budget, we recommend allocating 25 – 40 % of your overall wedding budget towards flowers and décor. This is simply a guideline, the amount you allocate to flowers will depend on your style, level of abundance, and how important flowers are to you as a bride.
- When working with a smaller budget, we suggest spending more on statement pieces, like the ceremony arch, bridal table & bridal bouquet. Less is more.
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself and stay true to who you are as a couple. Be open-minded when it comes to styling your wedding. A florist & décor stylist loves blending two unique styles together to create something beautiful. Trust the suppliers you chose to make your day memorable.
- Commit to your florist. Contrary to popular belief, florists aren’t in it to ‘steal’ your money. In fact, your florist is more likely to work with you in creating a beautiful wedding within your (reasonable) budget; when they know you are a committed client.
- Choose your photographer wisely, make sure their editing style will capture your flowers in the way you want them to be remembered. There are a few things florists take pride in, and one of them is selecting the perfect variety of flowers to showcase your chosen colour palette. If you want a bright and colourful wedding with rich warm tones like burgundy, reds, and pink; keep that in mind when booking your photographer.
I Do Creative Concepts
I Do Creative Concepts designed and printed the stationery for this Relaxed Luxe Styled Shoot and had the following to say about this shoot:” Looking back at this styled shoot gives us all the feels! We love being able to showcase our work and to give couples a glimpse of what we can create for them. Oftentimes brides struggle to settle on a design for their invitations, since Pinterest offers them an array of beautiful options, and not to mention the multitude of suppliers out there.
Advice when deciding on your wedding stationery:
- Take what you initially liked and start there; be it a colour scheme, look and feel or an element that means something special to you. Instead of getting stuck between the two options of “trying to be different” and “everyone else is doing it”, why not go with something that is unmistakably YOU – stay true to yourself.
- Don’t like greenery? Dump it! Don’t feel like geometric shapes suit your personality? Don’t do them! Are you more leopard print, clean lines, a bit of colour, but not too much, bush vibes kind of couple? Perfect! Your designer can make that work – it is their job to take your ideas and elements, and to form them into your personal stationery. Be clear when giving your brief and your designer will be able to give you exactly what you’ve dreamt of!
- When choosing a stationery studio, be sure to check out their portfolio. Meet with them, feel the paper, check the print quality, and make sure that they understand what it is that you’re looking for. You need to connect with your designer as much as you do with your photographer, dressmaker, and cake baker.
Elli-Nicole Bridal gave one of her signature designs to add the finishing touch to the shoot:” The Elli-Nicole Bride is a woman who has a love for whimsy and romance and is not afraid to be untraditional! Her top tips for wedding dress shopping are:
- Set yourself a realistic and informed budget- bridal boutiques can only assist to the best of their ability with the right information. Don’t shop for your body type in 6 months; be happy with who and how you look. Drastic weight loss might mean the dress you have chosen is no longer right for you.
- Be true to yourself. If the dress makes you feel beautiful and you feel it’s a true representation of yourself, you won’t want to take it off, then it’s your dress!
- Don’t overwhelm yourself with appointments or people! Do the research and find boutiques that carry designers that resonate with you. Visit them.
- Keep your dress-fitting party small, too many opinions are distracting and can often be stressful.