The Start of a Love Story
When Yannis finally proposed in October 2017, after 6 years of dating, I was over the moon. He designed my engagement ring himself with the help of my roommate and best friend from University, Carla Maxine. She made my engagement ring as well as our wedding bands and sent it all the way from Australia!
Planning the Big Day
Choosing the photographer was easy, even though there are so many amazing photographers to choose from. Stephanie Veldman had photographed our friends’ weddings and I absolutely love her style. She was also the one who recommended our videographer, and we couldn’t be happier with the result. They all captured the atmosphere and emotion of the day which is exactly what we wanted.
Two Wedding Dresses – A Dream Come True
Cindy Bam was exceptionally helpful through the process of choosing a dress. She listened to all the minor details while I was babbling along. In the end, she created a perfect, elegant dress that fitted me like a glove! She ordered the fabric for my veil and her team glued all the flowers on by hand. My family and I hand-painted the flowers to match the colour scheme of our wedding. Cindy’s patience and guidance through the journey was such a comfort. Even when she had to make a last minute adjustment just a few days before the wedding!
My dreams came true when I won a second wedding dress at a wedding expo, from Safanja Couture. Liese Morgan made me feel like a princess in a sparkly lace top with hand-sewn beads and sequins and a beautiful long, soft and silky skirt that went full circle on the dance floor! She also made my mother’s dress with only two fittings. It was such a pleasure to have her on my team.
The bridesmaid dresses were made by Suné Snyman, she went out of her way in order to get the fabric in the exact colours that I wanted. She also did late night fittings and last minute adjustments to accommodate my bridemaids’ timetables and long distance travelling.
A Warm and Festive, Small Wedding Setting
Vendors of this Overberg Wedding:
- Venue & Catering: De Uijlenes
- Wedding coordinator / Décor / Flowers / Website: Iets Niets events
- Wedding Cake and Lighting: Christien from Husband and Wife Team
- Rings / Bride’s earrings: Carla Maxine Jewellery
- First wedding dress and veil: Cindy Bam Couture
- Second wedding dress and mother of the bride dress: Safanja Couture
- Bridesmaids dresses: Suné Snyman Design
- Makeup: WM – Wonderfully Made
- Hair: Robyn Hill from Pause hair & body
- Photographer: Stephanie Veldman Photography
- Videographer: MVR film
- Groom’s suit: The Modernist Tailor
- Groom’s tie: Stitched
- Photo corner and guest book: Retro photo booth
- Table cloths: Beyond Innovations
- DJ&Sound: Patrick from Essential Music
- Band: Classic Revival