South Africa’s winters seldom include the traditional snow and ice that is often the key feature of Winter themed Weddings. So for this styled shoot, we had to think outside the box. An amazing team of wedding professionals came together to create this breathtaking Viking inspired scene. From the strong and fierce broadsword to the intricate, lace wedding dress – everything looked amazing. While the dramatic, rustic elements of the venue, decor and flowers tied everything together perfectly. Have a look at the photos and let us know what you think.
Viking Winter Wedding Inspiration
Diamant Estate played host to our latest wedding inspiration photoshoot. This one was a Winter Wedding theme, inspired by the Nordic Vikings, with touches of medieval decor elements. This inspirational setup focused on dramatic, dark colours with touches of red and warmer colours. The rustic feel of the venue set the scene perfectly. With candles and a fireplace bringing an element of heat to the chilly winters day.
Coordinating and Capturing this Amazing
Leana from Just Jack Wedding and Events took charge and ensured everyone was performing at their optimum level. Creating a great creative environment to assist everyone involved to thrive. Eyelikephotography is the new kid on the block and they captured the styled shoot perfectly through their lenses. Chanel Olivier from Chanel Olivier Hair & Make-up made our model, Micke Moutton from Mick Creative, look like a true Viking Queen making use of a darker colour pallet which complimented the model’s skin tone and overall looks beautifully.
The Viking Bride, Wedding Dress and Decor
The Amazing vendors who made this happen:
- Wedding Venue: Diamant Estate @diamantestate
- Coordination: Just Jack – @justjackweddingsandevents
- Wedding Cake: Kanya Hunt – @kanyahunt
- Wedding Dress: My Special Day Bridal Boutique – @myspecialdaybridalboutique
- Flowers & Decor: To-nett’s – @to_netts_flower_decor_hiring
- Photography & Videography: Eyelikephotography – @eyelikephotography
- Hair & Makeup: Chanel Olivier – @chaneloliviermau
- Jewellery: Zuyda van Dyk – @zuydavandyk
- Stationery: Directional Designs – @directionaldesigns
- Model: Micke Mouton – @mick.lovin