Wedding Venues Somerset West Area
Nested in the tranquil surroundings of Sir Lowry’s Pass, the beautiful 17th-century heritage estate is encompassed by breath-taking views of the Hottentots Holland Mountain Range. The Heritage Manor House has kept its astonishing authenticity, beauty and design, creating an idyllic setting for your dream wedding or event.
The farm venue‘s original homestead, formerly known as Brink’s Inn, was built in 1795, and was initially used as an inn offering comfort to travelers who were about to make their way up Sir Lowry’s Pass,
It is believed to be the place where Lieutenant Jan Willem Janssens, the Batavian Commander surrendered to the British after being defeated at the Battle of Blaawberg. A copy of the Peace Treaty is on display in the main house. The main house and the farm stall are considered Heritage buildings.
The buildings are surrounded by fertile ground which cultivates olive trees, orchards and cape lemon groves. Lush vegetation and an expanse of mature trees cover the property.
The property offers
- The main homestead which has been restored to a grand standard, and bears many of its original features; including gleaming yellowwood floors, original masonry, teak beams and even the long gun rails once used by visitors. The home’s reception rooms include a large, dramatic drawing-room, and have original fireplaces to maintain a cozy atmosphere in inclement weather.
- A Conference Room that serves as an amazing party venue for young and old alike. Weddings, birthdays and board meetings are just a few of the potential events that can be hosted here with comfort. The venue offers ample parking and the conference room can accommodate 150 people.
- Pool House – The pool area offers a patio braai area with a pool house fitted with a sauna.
- Tennis Court for the more active visitors and residents, facing the conference hall and the pool house area with braai facilities.
- Private getaway house
- Stunning walking trails through the gardens and bridges over natural running streams.
- Silos for the daring.
- Stables for the horse enthusiast.
Goedeverwachting has a bridal suite and inside space for a wedding of 80-90 PAX with an outside area on the tennis courts that can accommodate 250-300 PAX.