Robertson Wedding Venues
At the end of a country road, set high in a fynbos valley surrounded by mountains, you will find the idyllic Pat Busch Mountain Reserve. This private nature reserve is one of the top Robertson Wedding Venues and lies just beyond Robertson in the Cape Winelands, less than 2 hours scenic drive from Cape Town.
Pat Busch is a perfect blank canvas, a destination wedding venue with onsite accommodation for up to 100 guests. Wedding couples will enjoy the exclusivity of the reserve and their wedding package includes onsite accommodation, furniture, décor, crockery, cutlery, glassware & more. This Reserve can accommodate up to 100 overnight guests sleeping onsite, more with their bell tent glamping option or in nearby establishments. Weddings of 60 pax and more can be hosted without the need to hire any additional equipment, but much larger events can also be hosted as there are few limits with this unique natural venue.
Couples have the freedom to plan the wedding of their dreams on their blank canvas venue with very few limitations. They will enjoy a wedding weekend with family & friends in a variety of quaint cottages, upmarket Africamps boutique glamping tents, and a large Farmhouse for the extended family. There are numerous ceremony areas from which to choose ranging from the jetty overlooking the mountain dam to a poplar forest with a stream, a poolside setting or a lush meadow with mountain views, or a firm favourite is beneath the ancient oak tree. Any venue or a combination can be used for the ceremony, pre-drinks and the reception. Couples have the freedom to not only arrange a pre-wedding informal ‘Meet & Greet’ the night before the wedding, (which is the perfect opportunity to catch up with family & friends), but also an informal Farewell breakfast the day after the wedding. Here the newlyweds have a chance to say final thankyous & goodbyes to their wedding guests, expressing gratefulness for making lifelong wedding memories together.
Imagine celebrating your once in a lifetime special weekend on a private mountain reserve with family & friends staying onsite within walking distance. This reserve has very few limits and no noise curfews, so the music need not be switched off and the celebration can continue for as long & loud as desired. The bar need not close at a certain time and couples are welcome to supply their own liquor, therefore corkage fees do not apply. Catering enjoys the same freedoms in that couples are welcome to contact one of the reserves many recommended caterers or the bride & groom can source their own chef to suit their palate and budget. The Pat Busch Reserve will supply a detailed contact list of recommended professional service providers who are all more than willing to assist with any facet of the wedding. Services ranging from caterers, DJ’s, coordinators & planners, make-up & hair, to photographers, tent & dancefloor suppliers, extra lighting & bar services, and many more. The choice of service providers is up to the couple’s preferences and budget. The Reserve has been offering weddings for several years now and in that time has built up good relationships with contacts both local and from Cape Town. Couples are also welcome to use the reserve as a blank canvas venue, sourcing their own service providers and building the weekend wedding of their dreams.
What sets the Pat Busch Mountain Reserve apart :
- Idyllic natural & private setting on a reserve surrounded by mountains
- On-site accommodation for up to 100 guests
- Less risk of drinking & driving, fewer shuttles required, guests are more at ease & celebrate longer into the night
- Includes furniture, crockery, glassware & cutlery for up to 120 guests
- Bigger weddings a possibility since there is ample outdoor space with numerous other accommodation options nearby
- Various outdoor venue options onsite
- Freedom to select own service providers with no limits, incl. catering & bar stock to suit your palate & budget
- No curfews, no sound limits, no limited bar hours
- No corkage as the venue is not licensed
- Less than 2 hours scenic drive from Cape Town
- Numerous natural backdrops for stunning wedding photos
- Situated on the longest wine route in the world offering numerous activities for guests to enjoy over the weekend
- No hidden costs, one basic package includes everything you need for a down to earth country wedding for up to 120 guests.
- Premium venue areas (which are more remote than our standard venues), and optional extras such as special décor & furniture are available at an additional cost if selected (NB: these not compulsory and entirely at the couple’s discretion. Prices are available as per detailed stock lists supplied).
- Although a nature reserve, all family members of the wedding couple are allowed to attend the wedding…….including family pets 🙂