Johannesburg Marriage Officer
Johannesburg Marriage Officer, Rev. Stephen loves assisting couples to get married and set them firmly upon their journey to living a beautiful life together, inviting each and every couple to engage in his unique process.
Rev. Stephen van Basten is an Interdenominational Universalist Minister with a Catholic upbringing. He considers himself as a Spiritual Master of Ceremonies and Officiates at Defining Events like weddings and funerals.
His niche is performing appropriately positioned ceremonies, specifically tailored to the couple’s requirements. He endeavours to bring a personalised blend of tradition and contemporary, with your preferred religious tone to the wedding ceremony.
His mission is to give you the wedding you want in the way you want it while making thoughtful suggestions which may enhance your day.
He is proud to declare that he will marry anyone who wants to be married irrespective of colour or creed.
As part of his unique process, you will first get together for an initial discovery meeting:
- All your requirements are discussed, questions answered and that you align
- Together with his assistance and all your input, a high-level ceremony is planned
- All of the legal and Spiritual requirements of getting married in South Africa is covered
- Together it’s agreed and the way forward diarized
- As a special gift and with your permission, he will take you through his 15-minute process: First steps to creating an extraordinary marriage.
Most often the way forward after then would be:
- Journey to an extraordinary marriage
- Your wedding rehearsal
- Your wedding day with a chosen ceremony
- Your marriage registration at Home Affairs
Marriage counselling is not a mandatory requirement, however, he offers a relationship course, outlining extraordinary insights into living together. He also assists with referring appropriate service providers for Ante-Nuptial Contracts, flowers, photographers, venues and updating wills.
Rev. Stephen van Basten is an accredited member of the Wedding Professionals Association of SA.
- Religious Ceremonies
- Non-Religious Ceremonies
- LGBT Friendly