Glamping Events Venue
Cherry Glamping is situated in the mountains of Elgin on a wine farm. It is the ideal location for a unique forest getaway weekend; relaxed birthday celebration; team building or company breakaway; conference; mountain biking or trail running getaway; mini festival or any other group get together.
This Glamping Venue offers luxury tented accommodation and various venue options in 2 different forests camp. Both camps have a panoramic view of the Elgin valley, and has beautiful and spacious 5m Bell tents permanently setup amongst the trees. Tents are fully equipped, and each camp has a lapa, a venue or lounge, and a fully equipped kitchen.
There are 21 tents in the Bloekombos Camp; 12 tents in Dennebos Camp; and 20 additional Bell tents that can be pitched at either one of the 2 camps. Dome tents can also be arranged to accommodate up to 200 people in total.
Venue options include beautiful open spaces, forests, a glass enclosed venue, a Bedouin covered deck, sundowner areas, a “poplar tree” chapel, and 2 lapas with firepits. No venue fee is applicable for guests staying over, a venue fee only applies to guests not staying over. You have exclusive use of all facilities in the camp(s) that you book.
The 2 camps options are:
Bloekombos is Ideal for larger groups of 40 to 180 people and consists of:
– 21 spacious and fully-furnished bell tents permanently set up in the forest
– 2 fully equipped kitchens
– A large glass enclosed venue, seating up to 180 people, linking into a Lapa area with firepit and overlooking the dam and the surrounding mountains
– Terraced Lawn area and large open spaces ideal for a festival, “long table” lunch, or own setup
– A large dam surrounded by lawn
– 4 shared bathrooms
Dennebos is deal for smaller groups of 12 to 80 people and consists of:
– 12 spacious and fully-furnished bell tents permanently set up in the forest
– A fully equipped kitchen
– A large covered deck ideal for functions, seating up to 80 people, linking into an open Lapa area with a firepit
– A timber lounge with a comfortable 24 seater table and fireplace
– Beautiful sundowner area overlooking the valley
– An outside “chapel” overlooking the mountains and valley, surrounded by Poplar trees
– 3 shared bathrooms
– 2 Natural Swimming Pools
– They have recommended caterers, DJ’s, coordinators, bar service, decorators, etc., however you are welcome to setup on your own or to provide your own service providers that can work within the limitations and rules.
Simply ask for a list of preferred suppliers.
– The venue does not have Eskom power, a generator is required for music and fairy lights. This can be arranged.
– The kitchen is equipped for use by the guests; with a stove, fridges and freezer. Caterers need to be self-sufficient, but may use the facilities they have. Food trucks also work very well.
– Own drinks are allowed and no corkage is charged; alternatively they can recommend a bar service.
– Cutlery, crockery and glassware are provided for your stay; however you need to rent in cutlery, crockery and glassware for your function.
– 12-seater tables and benches are provided.
– A light continental breakfast is included, consisting of croissants or Danish pastries, served with coffee and tea.
– Wood and Ice is included for your stay, but not your function. Can be arranged upon request.