Wedding Planners in Johannesburg & Cape Town
Your wedding is is a day that you will always treasure, and Zenobia is here to make sure it is a memorable celebration. She strives to bring your vision to life and create an effortless experience for your wedding day.
Blue Olive Events offers a unique style and expertise in wedding and event planning in the heart of Johannesburg. They create a trustworthy and dependable experience from the first email until the day you say I Do!
About Blue Olive Events
Zenobia is the founder of Blue Olive Events, she’s obsessed with weddings and love stories and a complete perfectionist! She believes most professions are chosen from a place of talent, determination and luck. But in her case, wedding and event planning chose her.
She is very focused on detail and getting things done, she thinks she might even have a slight OCD! Getting you that dream day you’ve always desired is her greatest motivation for making everything look perfect.
In 2013 she completed her diploma in Advanced Wedding Planning through the SA School of Weddings, where she learned the ins and outs of wedding and event planning. She believes this was merely the foundation of Blue Olive Events. Her personal experience and expertise are what will make this adventure extraordinary.
When she is not busy fretting over details, organising venue viewings or finalising the last few loose ends before your big day, you’ll find her at home with her husband, baking the best pancakes you’ve ever tried! On weekends they love exploring new places, enjoying good wine and friendly conversations.
Witnessing the union of two souls, the happiness and love that embraces new families and bringing them together is the pulse of Blue Olive Events. Zenobia cannot wait to witness your story too.
Blue Olive Events is the Pink Book Bronze Award Winner for Top Wedding Planners in South Africa 2018.
Wedding Planning Services:
FULL WEDDING MANAGEMENT: The Blue Olive Events full wedding planning package is tailor-made and structured for the busy professional with a demanding lifestyle or the bride who needs an effortless journey towards the aisle. All the time, effort, planning and efficiency that needs to go into wedding planning will be their responsibility. They take your vision and create a real-life design. She will be in touch throughout the whole process, taking all the elements of stress that accompany the planning process in her hands. From the starting process until on-the-day coordination, their full wedding planning will embrace every stage along the way. For the detailed framework of this service, please email her for their package outline.
WEDDING DAY MANAGEMENT: For the bride who loves to plan and organise herself but enjoys an effortless day of her hard work, the wedding day management package allows Blue Olive Events to take over on your big day and make sure everything runs as smoothly as you have planned. Blue Olive Events will contact all suppliers one month prior to your big day to make sure they are all on the same page for the big event.
Closer to your wedding date, Zenobia will create an efficient timeline sent out to all service providers. From the make-up artist to the DJ; to make sure they know exactly when to step in for their services. This timeline will be custom created for each service provider and thoroughly discussed in the week of your wedding. For more information about the wedding day management service, please email her for their packages.
TRADITIONAL WEDDING PLANNING: For the traditional couples, celebrating their union in a more conventional way, the Blue Olive Event package for traditional wedding planning will see to all your requirements from the get-go. Their full wedding services are included in this package, from the first hello until you say I Do, while they will assist in all planning elements for ceremonies, receptions or weekend weddings! From sourcing service providers, organising venues and creating flowers and decor, your traditional wedding will withstand the test of time. For the detailed outline on this option, please email her for their service package.
WEDDING AND EVENT STYLING: Their wedding and event styling service aim to transform your dream venue into a beautiful masterpiece. Creating memorable elements as they focus on detail and precision. The styling service can be custom created according to your requirements, adding value to your package. All the while creating an exceptional day. Blue Olive Events will take care of all design and decor factors. Think mood boards, seasonal flowers, elegant touches and shades of trendy colours! For more information on their wedding and event styling service, please email them for their service package.
PROPOSAL PLANNING: A true love story starts months before your wedding day, as it begins with a simple question and a romantic setting. The Blue Olive Event proposal planning service offers a unique experience in assisting you. Plan your entire proposal, from ring designs to a photographer capturing the big moment. Zenobia will assist you in choosing the perfect location, creating beautiful decor elements and include food, champagne and flowers according to your wishes. For a detailed outline of this service, please email her for their packages.
How It Works:
A lot of planning and hard work goes into creating the perfect wedding or event. But it is essential to also create a memorable experience together. Enjoying the adventure and savouring these moments for a lifetime. Below is a short breakdown of their process and how they go to work. (Although they always keep in mind that each wedding is unique and will be managed differently)
- They say Hi / The first coffee session. The initial meeting will be about getting to know each other, listening to what you have in mind and having a look at your inspirations.
- Quoting and Costs. A few days after the first meeting, she will draw up a quotation of the services you will be needing and send it via email.
- Confirmation. Once you had the chance to go through the quotation, a deposit is paid and your date is booked. If there are any questions you have at this point, they will also address that and make sure you are both on the same page.
- The planning begins. Zenobia will start off by creating the budget for your event and get that approved by you. Thereafter she will focus on sourcing the perfect service providers, arranging venue viewings and find the ideal photographer to capture your big day. All appointments for dress fittings, hair trials, meetings and menu tastings will be set-up by her and communicated to you, all the while making sure it fits your schedule.
- Finalising loose ends. A few weeks before your big day, she will contact all service providers and send them the timeline. This is to make sure everyone is on the same page. She will also make sure you know what happens when to tie up loose ends and make sure all preparation and set-up start the day before.
- It’s your wedding day! While you relax and enjoy a peaceful morning with your family and bridesmaids, she will make sure all service providers arrive on time. That the venue is ready to be photographed and that every element is in place before you walk down the aisle. Once you’ve had the biggest celebration of your life and get whisked away on honeymoon, she will make sure the breakdown runs smoothly the following day.