Wine Farm Wedding Venue
Enjoy wine tastings paired with Belgian chocolate or handmade cheese. Dine on alfresco style lunches in their fabulous garden, or sip on an artisanal beer in their bistro and beer garden while the children play in the play area.
The Franschhoek Cellar, a beautiful asset to the Stellenbosch wine route, combines the charms of leisurely country life with the elegance of a world-class venue. The Franschhoek Cellar has a special selection of unique event venues within the space to ensure your most memorable occasion.
The Platform Bar & Bistro is the newest addition to The Franschhoek Cellar space. Originally the old Franschhoek Train platform, this space has been converted into a cosy bistro on one side, serving a selection of tapas and flatbreads that will change with the seasons, and on the other side a Brampton Bar with artisanal beer garden outside of this. It’s the perfect spot to unwind, with panoramic views of the vineyards and mountains around it. A great spot for private functions, please enquire with the staff.
Weddings & Events
The Franschhoek Cellar has several venues available for private functions, each one with its own unique character that will ensure that you have an event with us you will never forget.
- The Bernard Premium lounge – ideal for an exclusive wine and food event for 20 people
- The Tasting Room –spacious and open, very contemporary with exquisite mountain views for up to 100 people
- The Venue – the main function space at The Franschhoek Cellar, it can seat 300 guests comfortably
- The Platform – the newest space at The Franschhoek Cellar, cosy and inviting, with a restaurant section and separate bar area, it’s the ideal space for birthday celebrations or any event looking for an old-school chic vibe, up to 80 people
- The Brampton Bar in The Platform – 50 people
- The Lapa – situated at the bottom of the venue and overlooking the surrounding mountains it is completely private with own kitchen and conferencing facilities, as well as a thatched boma and undercover braai area for your typical South African experience. This space can take between 20 and 30 people
- The Garden – the exquisitely manicured garden with water fountains can hold up to 100 people for a harvest table type lunch, or special celebration.
The in-house Event Manager will tailor make a package to suit your needs.
Rose & Protea Cottages are situated at the bottom of the premises, adjacent to the working wine cellar. Both cottages have been remodelled and designed to suit the contemporary chic styling of the venue above them. The self -catering homes each sleep four adults and have been designed to think of every detail that will ensure you have a relaxing stay while visiting Franschhoek.
For bookings and rate enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Credit: Some photographs by Jani B Photography